[Gpdd] {HEALTH} Muffin congested?

DFHAKES at aol.com DFHAKES at aol.com
Mon Aug 2 19:56:09 EDT 2004

I would most definitely get Muffin to a vet.  We took our piggie to a  vet
for what we thought was congestion, but it was the sound of salivia trapped  in
her mouth.  Her molars had overgrown and her tongue was partially  trapped.

Tooth trims can be rough on piggies.  Hopefully your vet will  prescribe
meloxicam for pain relief.  Be prepared to syringe feed your  piggie if her mouth
is sore after the trim.

Regards,

Dana F. Hakes
Chapter Manager
Tampa Bay House  Rabbit Society

Please check out our rabbit information and lists of  adoptable rabbits
at:_www.tampabayhrs.org_ (http://www.tampabayhrs.org/)
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/FL92.html