[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] Re: wheat thins (and More)

lisa.sharpcrew.com lisa at sharpcrew.com
Tue Aug 3 07:40:54 EDT 2004

I laughed when I read about the wheat thin and the fritos!  Fuzzy, when she
was a lone piggie, used to sit with us downstairs in the evenings as we
watched TV.  Of course this is the favorite time for Americans to snack, so
hubby would frequently go to the pantry and bring back something to munch
on.  One night it was Garlic flavored Triscuits...she stood on hind legs
begging for this.  She munched up a portion like she hadn't eaten in a
wheeek!!  She used to like popcorn (very carefully inspected so no kernels
were given) but has since "graduated" her tastes to other snack crackers,
like the triscuit and wheat thins.

A recent suggestion on the digest was to give them Wasa flatbread.  Both my
girls love that and it's much healthier for humans too!!  They will always
get a little of whatever they beg for but the Wasa I may even incorporate in
their buffet from time to time.

Another funny story, non-food related, I had my girls downstairs recently in
a makeshift cage (2x3 cube but with blankets and towels for the bottom and
their "travel cage" at one end filled with hay).  I was doing a deep
cleaning of my living room so I wanted them down there with me so we could
all be together for the day.  They don't mind the vacuum and carry on as
normal when I run it.  However, I was cleaning some blinds near the cage and
Zoe ducked for cover in the pigloo.  Fuzzy was asleep under the ramp to the
hay cage but apparently woke up and poked her head out to see what all the
noise was.  When Zoe saw her head poke from under the towel she let out
several VERY loud wheep/whistle type noises, as if to say, "No, stay there!
There's a big noisy monster nearby.  Danger, danger!)"  I laughed so hard I
had to stop and give Zoe a scritch on the nose and tell her what a good girl
she was for "protecting" Fuzz.

I just love my cute, fluffy girls!

Lisa