[Gpdd] Re : Health. Re : George The Guinea Pig.

ADCAVY at aol.com ADCAVY at aol.com
Wed Aug 4 07:39:52 EDT 2004

Dear Joe,

I have been away for a while and was just catching up on my postings when I
saw that George has been very ill. You are all in our prayers at what is a very
stressful time for all guinea pig slaves. Come on George get well soon.

I would like to say Well done to Rebecca. If guinea pig slaves complained to
management every time they found something wrong in a petshop, they might
actually train their employees in animal welfare and husbandry.

If you do find any animal being kept  in poor conditions in a petshop then
find out who is responsible in your area for issuing a sales licence, and
complain until they investigate.
In my area our local R.S.P.C.A. told us they were aware that a nearby petshop
was filthy and selling unfit animals.. But they had no powers to close this
business down. So a group of us lobbied the council  again and again until they
agreed to investigate. On the strength of customer complaints and evidence of
animal neglect and cruelty he was closed down.

Can I once again thank everyone especially Joe for all the lovely messages I
received when The Best Pig in the World, Mr. Picwick, left us for the Rainbow
bridge. I console myself  that he is carrying on with his mission to look out
for slaves and pigs alike by going first to select the best spot for those
left to follow.

Best Wishes to all slaves,  Antoinette and The Magic was 59 now 62. ( oops
I've done it again. I always mean to say no room at the inn but it always comes
out yes.)