[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: New Arrival!! yay!!!!!

nicola atton nic_a_99 at msn.com
Wed Aug 4 14:16:52 EDT 2004

I got a new pig today!! I forgot how cute they are when they are little! I
tried to get one from my local rescue shelter but they didn't have any
females (which is what i needed so that she could live with my existing
pigs), so I went to the pet shop where I used to work, so I know that they
look after the animals very well.

She is a Lemon Agouti Rex ( I think rex is known as teddy in the US) with
lemon all the way up her nose and a little spot of it between her ears. I
have never had a rex before so I did not realise they were so soft! But
maybe they are only soft in the baby stage, I don't know. She is absolutely
adorable and I picked her out of about 15. I have named her Heather.

She has been introduced to all three of my other guinea pigs and is getting
on with them surprisingly well, as Ruby, my abbysinian can be aggressive
toward strange pigs but after the initial dominance displays they have all
settled down nicely.

I shall let you know how she is getting on,

Nicola xxx