[Gpdd] HEALTH response to feeding gras

Bellarobi at aol.com Bellarobi at aol.com
Wed Aug 4 17:01:06 EDT 2004

Heather,
I usually give my piggies one handful of gras for each piggy per feeding.
They get carrots, romaine lettuce, dandelions, or gras twice a day.
When I let them run outside, of course, they eat as much as they want. They
have never gotten sick of it, so far. You want to watch the clover, because
that is known to cause bloating.
I have also heard of a suggestion to first feed hay before greens, otherwise
they fill up on greens and won't eat their hay. Poly and Sweetie are good
little piggies and gobble on hay all day long, so, I do not follow that suggestion.

best wishes,
Marion, Poly and Sweetie