[Gpdd] (MISC) WILF PIG SMALL SIZE

BARRINGER JAMIE MAE barringj at ucsu.colorado.edu
Wed Aug 4 20:50:42 EDT 2004

>From what I've heard so far about Wilf ( I love his name, btw) He may
never get very big. I have a runty pig named Max who at 7-8 months has
still not caught up to his sister in size. He was underfed and neglected
till he was about 3-4mo. and was the runt anway, so he's noticeably small.
His brother, Gus, weighed in at a little over 3lbs at the vet a few weeks
ago, and with his Peruvian style long hair, he's about as huge-looking as
his brother Max is tiny, about 1.7lb(~27oz), so similar to Wilf. Both
checked out as perfectly healthy, and I think Max actually recovered a day
before Gus did from the whole neutering ordeal. Max also runs a LOT faster
than all 3 of my other, larger piggies. Smaller piggies may get sicker
faster, but otherwise it seems they are just cuter, brattier and more
stubborn than their larger counterparts.

-Jamie B and the Kids