[Gpdd] [CARE] OT Help and advice babysitting a rabbit please

Rebecca Jones rj1571 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 7 16:09:09 EDT 2004

Hi All

Sorry to post off topic but my neighbour has just popped round and asked if we can petsit their rabbit next week.  They've never really taken good care of the poor thing so I want to give her a week of good care and wanted some advice as I know many of you also care for rabbits.

They will be leaving us dry food so thats taken care of but what fresh vedge should you feeda rabbit and how much, same as the guinea pigs (twice a day for my girls)?

I don't think the poor thing gets fed fresh vedge, will it be too much of a shock to the system if I start now? I'm not sure how old the rabbit is, but they've had her for a good couple of years.

They've been having their garden done all summer so I think the poor rabbit has been couped up in its hutch all that time. They have the hutch in their shed becuase she said she thought it would be cooler!!  We had temperatures of 29C here today, very unbritish, so the first thing I'm going to do as soon as they've gone it get that poor rabbit out of there and give her a run on our lawn in the girls run.  They will have to understand this week that outdoor activity is on a timeshare basis!!!

Any advice would be gratefully received.