[Gpdd] [Misc] Been a while, Feeling like a failure

Anna Livings toffeegp at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 9 08:11:32 EDT 2004

Dear Fellow Slaves & their Masters,
It has been wheeks since I have updated anybody on our happy little
family.  I don't believe I have posted since we brought PIG home.  He
has grown up quite a bit!!
Life here has been somewhat bittersweet since I have been gone.  Though
I am blessed to have a healthy family, fuzzies included, I have
experienced the joy of finding out I was pregnant, just in time to have
a miscarriage not a wheek after I got the positive result.  While that
has been hard on me, my piggies have been there for me through
everything.  Unfortunately, my emotions are rather distraught & along
with my feeling of inadequacy, I'm honestly not sure how much longer we
can keep them 'in-hay'.  They are both Healthy & Happy, Fat & Sassy
young boars.  Luckily, we bought 20 lbs. of cavy cuisine the last time &
we've only used part of a 10 lb. bag.  Hay is rather inexpensive & like
I said, my boys don't require much in the way of money, though PIG was
disappointed when I told him he couldn't have his own credit card.  :)
The reality has set in though, when Reese & PIG have gone to the Rainbow
Bridge, there will be no more pigs for us, at least not for now.
  Here is my plea:  I would love to find an adoptive home for them-
somebody that can & will care for them through the rest of their lives &
can afford to give them all the love & cuddling they need, but I'm not
sure how to go about it.  Also, I am feeling the guilt that, I took them
on to care for them until death do us part.  I feel that since Toffee
has passed, there is a great emptiness there.  We got Reese as a
buddy-boar for Toffee because he was alone.  Then after Toffee
prematurely passed, PIG came along as a companion for Reese.  Eric had a
good point- what if we keep getting one every time one passes?  I cannot
afford to think of them dying & I keep replacing them- someday we can
have guinea pigs again, but for now...
  If anybody out there is willing to take on our two Masters, or if you
know of somebody who would love to open their homes & hearts, please let
me know.  We are in northern Indiana & their cage will go with them.  We
have 3 water bottles, 1 tent, 1 cuddle cup, 1 bunk bed, 2 food dishes, 2
hay racks, 1 link-n-lodge, 10+ lbs. pellets & a storage container for
the pellets, and their toys & treats.  Their cage is a C&C cage- it is
currently 2 levels, but we are going to remove the upper level I think.
This is not an emergency re-placement request- simply a notice for
anybody who would be willing...  this is one of the hardest things for
me & I feel like a failure as a pig owner- but I honestly do not believe
I can give them the best home as they deserve.  This is not going to be
a "Free to Good Home" deal- for the welfare of my boys I will request a
'donation' of sorts- I'll forward it to a local shelter or something.
I'm not selling them- if that was the case, it would be over $100 for
the cage alone, not to mention the priceless Kings who reside in it.
Financially, they are not a burden to us- they would become so had I not
miscarried.  I just feel that there is less love in me for them than
what I had before.  I feel terrible- like I'm giving up on them, but I
also feel that they deserve better than me.  "If I love them, I have to
let them go on to a better place."
  Please, please, if anybody out there knows of a family in need of 2
wonderful boars, please let me know.  I am at a loss & I do not know
what to do.
Thank you all for your help,
Anna, slave to Reese & Notorious PIG, Sully & Mr. Pibb the cats

Peter Piggy Picked a Peck of Pickled Piggy Poo.