[Gpdd] [health] traveling stress...

Bob & Chris Robertson rssg at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 9 11:34:37 EDT 2004

There are times when we have to make the 4-hour drive to check on my parents
that we don't have anyone to check in on our girls.  When that occurs, we
take them with us.  The car trip seems very stressful for my little gals.
Even with love and treats, they are different pigs while we are traveling.
Once they are back in a familiar home (we take their play pen, fill it with
litter, and set up a mock-home for them with their toys and towel beds) they
calm right down.  Our girls are older, and have had plenty of "car time".
They don't seem anymore relaxed now than the first trip they made.  I am not
sure if it is the vibration of the vehicle, or the reminder that getting in
their port-a-pet might mean a trip to the vet!

Chris, Cleo & Spookie