[Gpdd] HEALTH Re: Blind in one eye

Guineapigfilms at aol.com Guineapigfilms at aol.com
Fri Aug 13 00:44:13 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/10/04 11:01:45 AM, Andy Brock writes:

<< I have a three year old guinea pig who is blind in one eye.  Pumpkin was
born with the injury.  Does anyone have any tips to help him cope with the
injury?  Thank you! >>

Dear Andy,

Nothing need be done to help Pumpkin cope.  If he was born that way, he
doesn't know any different, and so isn't really handicapped.  One of my rescue
piggies, Onion Ring, was supposedly blind in both eyes when we adopted him from a
pet shop (the owners said they couldn't sell him and begged us to take him).
We took Onion Ring to a vet and learned that he was only blind in ONE
eye---the other eye was just infected, and the infection soon responded to antibiotic
eyedrops.  Onion Ring was a PERSONALITY PLUS piggy, as anyone who has seen him
in the role of Hokey One Spumoni in my spoof of STAR WARS, CARROT WARS, will
readily attest.  He lived to a ripe old age, and his blind eye never bothered
him in the least.

Love and WHEEEEEEPS,

Alyssa and the guinea pig movie stars
http://hometown.aol.com/guineapigfilms