[Gpdd] [Health]Re: Crying when pooping

Roy Millea millear at netscape.net
Tue Aug 10 14:59:08 EDT 2004

What is it with this board. I was going to post on the self same subject!
I have a lilac boar  and, at times I would hear him crying and thought
it was whist he was urinating. He had x-rays, baytril for two weeks,
terracycline (sp?) shots, the works. I managed to get a urine sample and
that was clear so the vet and I scratched our heads and said we would
keep an eye out and meet again in 3 days. The vet took time out to
answer the phone and I heard his usual whine and could only see beans on
the towel in the carrier but no wetness.
I kept an eye on him - he whined only when defecating . When I met the
vet later he whined and defecated - a miracle at least the vet could see
the problem.
I said I would post and see what answers I could get but have been
beaten to it. I asked around at the cavy show on sunday and no-one seems
to know anything. Is this going to be one of life's great mysteries?