[Gpdd] Health: Stretch and Beethoven

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sat Aug 14 19:56:52 EDT 2004

Hi Mary,
       I've missed seeing your posts lately, but perhaps I've only overlooked
them. I do remember the problems you were having last year with your Stretch
and his need of surgery. I'm sorry to hear that it ended as it did.
       I'm sure Jenni will be getting in touch with you once she gets back
online, but the  saddest part of the story is that although she did get her
Beethoven the surgery --  he was operated on a week ago Friday -- he died in her
arms the next day, Saturday, a week ago today.
       The illnesses and deaths of all these wonderful little guys of ours
recently has been heartbreaking.
       My Ebeneezer had a stone too and was misdiagnosed by the first vet we
saw. When I took him into a second vet (who did x-rays) the prognosis was not
good, so I helped the little guy make the trip to the Bridge. It as a tough
decision although think it was the right one. Still, we feel that we can never
be sure and I continue to miss him terribly.

God bless,
Alge