[Gpdd] Care--Georgie needs a home

Amy piglove at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 14 11:45:38 EDT 2004

Hi all:

Forgive me if this post turns out to be long, but it's hard for me to
write and has taken me 3 months to get the courage up to do so.

My spunky little Curious George needs a home.  Even though he was
forced to learn to be an independent little guy because of being on his
own for so long before I got him, he LOVED his companion of a couple of
years, Anthony.  Unfortunately, sweet Anthony died in May, and George
has been on his own again since then.  I was very lucky that Anthony
passed while under the loving care of his guardian angel, Fran, who
gave him his own burial spot in her yard under a lovely geranium.  I
will always be grateful to her for her attentive ministrations during
Anthony's last days.

The obvious solution for George,  would be to get him another
companion.  But I'm not in a position to do that right now.  So what
I'm hoping is  to find him someone who could either give him a
situation in which he's in the company of other pigs, or could dote on
him and spoil him rotten. or both!

He's probably about 3 or 4, and is what I think is called an American
Crested:  he's a solid lilac/grey color, with a cute white cowlick on
his forehead, and garnet-colored eyes.  He's somewhat of a "special
needs" pig, in the sense that he's a little nipper when you cut his
nails, he's skittish around people he doesn't know, and he's very
snuggly but for only short periods.  When I first got him he didn't
tolerate being held at all, and now he enjoys it.  So with someone who
spent a lot of time with him and was gentle with him, I think he'd get
even snugglier.  He has some really funny habits, like when he roars
around the perimeters of his cage, and does figure eights around his
two pigloos.  He reminds me if I feed him too late, and he has definite
likes and dislikes in terms of his veggies!

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, and would be willing to travel
within a few hours to help transport him.  He comes with his own
Coroplast/Creative Cubes cage, should someone want it, and of course,
food bowl, water bottle, and any food, hay, and bedding that I have on
hand.

You can contact me directly if you need any more information or would
like to discuss this.

Thanks to all of you.  I really want to find a good home for my boy.

Amy