[Gpdd] CARE - hay and neutering

Allfunngames5989 at aol.com Allfunngames5989 at aol.com
Sun Aug 15 13:28:23 EDT 2004

Hello to everyone

We have not written for some time, but have been following the postings on a
daily basis.  We have our own contribution on the hay subject here.  When we
first got Fluffy we purchased a bag of timothy hay for her from the pet store.
She seemed to like it and ate it at a steady pace.  Fortunately for us, my
parents have a large ranch, and have their own timothy hay, so when we realized
how much store-bought hay was going to cost us, we asked the grandparents to
drop off a bag for us.  Once Fluffy tasted the home grown weed, there was
absolutely no way she was going back to the store-bought stuff.  The three of them
actually turned their little noses up at a bag of store-bought hay when we ran
short of the home grown stuff.  We have to laugh at their little
personalities and make sure we never run out of the "good stuff".

I've read some comments on having boars neutered, and how long before they
can rejoin the gals, but I don't know for sure at what age this procedure can
safely be done.  Any input would be appreciated.

Two weeks ago, on a regular visit to the local pet store, we came across a
cage with three creatures in it called "skinny pigs".  They were about the size
of guinea pigs, but had no hair, hippo type faces, and black oily looking
little bodies.  They were fat little critters, and housed the same way as the
guinea pigs.  I've never seen anything quite like them, and wondered if anyone had
any information on them.

Debie and Taylor, slaves to Fluffy, Muffin and Squeek