[Gpdd] behavior-pigloo and storm

schumann at bellsouth.net schumann at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 16 11:07:53 EDT 2004

First to all those people and pigs in the storms' way, you are in my thoughts and prayers.  I survived Hurricane Hugo in 1989 in Charleston, SC but without piggies in my life at the time.

My girls drag the pigloo around the cage even putting it over the food bowl, trying to see if they can get it close enough to the hay rack to only have a nose and mouth sticking out, etc.  It's so much fun to watch.  Tribble once got it stuck between the hay rack and the food bowl and could not figure out how to move it!  She would have done it eventually but I help her out.

As for the storms, Tribble and Lokai's behavior changed as the low pressure systems got closer to us.  Tribble tolerates being cuddled but on Friday night, she wanted to be held.  By Saturday afternoon, she was back to her aloof self.  Lokai always wants to be cuddled but she didn't want to play "Gimme nose."  (She and I touch noses while she is sitting on my upper torso or shoulder.)

With warm thoughts and wheeks going out to all Florida people and pigs,
Jan
Mom to Tribble and Lokai