[Gpdd] [MISC] Skinny Pigs

Paula dyheli at toledointernet.net
Mon Aug 16 18:17:54 EDT 2004

Hi Debie!

I just saw a show on Animal Planet that mentioned Skinny pigs in passing. The show focused on breeding modifications to domesticated animals. Skinny Pigs, lso called Hairless Pigs and Baldwins, are the newest breed of guinea pigs. If you were to shave your piggies down, that's what they would look like underneath.

I don't know if they were bred for allergy purposes or just because someone figured out a way to do it and did it because they could. Unfortunately the segment on them didn't go into details as to why they were bred to be hairless.

Paula (Mom to Tom and the pigs, Rex and Fluffy)