[Gpdd] RE: {Health} Lung problem

guineapiglover at optonline.net guineapiglover at optonline.net
Tue Aug 17 14:20:21 EDT 2004

Marielle,

Please try this method to give Baytril to your piggie, Windex. Wrap him up in a towel or baby blanket so that just his head and front paws are sticking out. Lay on your bed or a couch with your knees propped up (have a Baytril-loaded syringe in one hand). Turn Windex around and lay him with his back against your knees so he's facing you. Lay one arm across the front of him and use your hand to hold his head. With the other hand, get the syringe into the side of his mouth and start pushing the Baytril into him.

It would be better if you can get it into him by syringe rather than injection. I believe repeated injections would not be a good thing. I hope he gets better!

Carol