[Gpdd] [RESCUE] Info on SW GP transport-Help if you can!!

lisa.sharpcrew.com lisa at sharpcrew.com
Wed Aug 18 09:06:22 EDT 2004

The Tri-County Animal Shelter in Hughesville MD has had 219 Guinea Pigs,
seized from breeder in March, released by him (court case still pending).
70 or more of them are slated for Texas and areas in between.  Transport to
happen Sat Aug 28 and Sun Aug 29.  If you have a van or large SUV your help
will be much appreciated.  These are delicate animals and have had a very
rough beginning.  Some GP knowledge would be helpful.

The legs are flexible.  Mileage and driving times are approximate.  Time
beginning on Sat is not yet determined.  Details will follow.  For now
please e-mail me directly to sign up for a leg.  Keep in mind, with smaller
vehicles we will need MORE THAN ONE DRIVER PER LEG!!

Transport co-ordinator:  Lisa
E-mail (preferred method of contact): lisa at sharpcrew.com
Phone: 770-363-1660

                 SAT AUG 28
Leg 1:  Shelter to Richmond VA-Exit 74A on I-85.
        98 miles - 1 hr 30 min    Driver 1 H w/12 pigs, Driver 2 C w/15
pigs, Driver 3 A w/???

Leg 2:  Richmond VA to South Hill VA-Exit 12 on I-85
        76 miles - 1 hr 15 min      DRIVERS NEEDED!!!

Leg 3:  South Hill VA to Burlington NC-Exit 145 on I-85
        100 miles - 1 hr 50 min      Driver 1 - V w/ ??? pigs

Leg 4:   Burlington NC to Concord NC-Exit 58 on I-85
        88 miles-1 hr 30 min         DRIVERS NEEDED!!!!

Leg 5:  Concord NC to Kings Mountain NC-Exit 10B on I-85
        50 miles-1 hr               DRIVERS NEEDED!!!!!
             10 piggies will pop off here to travel to Knoxville

Leg 6a:  Kings Mountain NC to Easley SC-Exit 42 on I-85
         76 miles-1 hr 15 min       Driver L w/ 60 pigs??
             25 piggies pop off here to travel to Columbia rescue(rescue to
pick them up here!)  Thank you megensmom!

Leg 6b:  Kings Mountain NC to Asheville NC-Exit 5A on I-240
         93 miles-1 hr 45 min        DRIVER NEEDED FOR 10 GP's

Leg 7a:  Easley SC to Marietta GA  - Piggies to overnight here
         131 miles-2 hr  Driver L

Leg 7b:  Asheville NC to Knoxville TN - Final Destination filled by
receiving rescue.  Thanks Janet!

                SUN AUG 29

Leg 8: Marietta GA to Meridian MS-Exit 153 on I-20
       304 miles-4 hrs 45 min  Leave 7:30 am Arr 12:30 ET, 11:30 CT
       Driver L w/28+ piggies

Leg 9: Meridian MS to Jackson MS-Exit 46 on I-20
        93 miles-1 hr 30 min    DRIVER(S) NEEDED!!!!

Leg 10:  Jackson MS to Monroe LA-Exit 117C on I-20
         120 miles-2 hrs        DRIVER(S) NEEDED!!!!

Leg 11:  Monroe LA to Shreveport LA-Exit 19A on I-20
          98 miles-1 hr 40 min         DRIVER(S) NEEDED!!!!
      Piggies will split up here.

Leg 12a:  Shreveport LA to Houston TX - H & J take 12-14 piggies and meet P
in Houston

Leg 12b:  Shreveport LA to Dallas TX - Final Destination!  Filled by
receiving rescue-THANKS TEXAS RUSTLERS!!!!

To learn more about this seizure and how you can help please visit
www.mgpr.org