[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <Piggy with yellow crustie in one eye and sneezing>

petunia_loo at yahoo.com petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 12:53:36 EDT 2004

Sorry, but yes this does mean you bought a sick piggy
from a pet shop. You need to get him/her to the vet
ASAP. Sneezing and eye/nose discharge are serious
signs of a respiratory infection, and should be
treated with antibiotics as soon as possible. Often by
the time pigs show obvious signs of illness, the
illness has gotten to a very serious point.
Please keep us posted!
~Lauren, slave to Piglet and Pooh

I bought my first piggy last week.  I was going to
take her to the vet.  Only one eye has yellow crusties
and her nose is getting them.  I use a wet cloth to
clean her up.  I am hoping this does not mean I bought
a sick guinea pig from the pet shop.

Thanks for any help or advice.  I can't believe I
found this website online how great.
Michelle

=====
Tens of millions of healthy companion animals are euthanized each year in the U.S. Adopt a homeless pet. Have your pets spayed and neutered.

Join the Guinea Pig Rescue Transport Group!