[Gpdd] [CARE] Nail clipping

Nena Sechler Craven nenacraven at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 12:55:53 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any good nail clipping tips?  I can
manage to do the nails on DJ's back feet while he's
sitting on my or my husband's chest, but he tucks his
front feet under himself and absolutely freaks out if
I try to pull them out where I can reach them.  He
freaks out even more if I try to put him on his back
at all.  I'm trying to find a brick for him to scratch
to cut down on the clipping, but I know I'll still
have to do it sometimes, and I'm really worried that
I'll hurt him the way he's been wiggling.  I even had
my husband petting him and feeding him treats while I
tried to pull his front foot out, but he wasn't fooled
at all.

On a silly note, I bought DJ a plastic corner-shaped
potty to put down when he has floor time, and he
figured out what to do with it immediately and got
much praise and treats from his mommy.  But then he
got so excited about the whole deal that he started
popcorning and shaking around and flung the litter and
poo right back out of the potty!  All I could do was
laugh hysterically, and thank him again for making my
life interesting.

-Nena and DJ, with love and wheeks to all