[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] Snickers and Snowball want to write to the other pigletss

Carla Martinez cmartinez36 at houston.rr.com
Thu Aug 19 19:12:05 EDT 2004

Hi to all the digest members. I think about you all every day even though I
haven't been posting in a couple of months. Snickers and Snowball have been
busy living their guinea pigs lives. They are sending special wheeks to
Jenni. They still grieve for Beethoven and are so happy Jenni is saying yes
to life to welcome a new piggie into her heart. It is a lovely way to honor
the spirit of Beethoven.

I made a big mistake this past summer and bought a 'fancy' cage for the
piggers. And guess what, it didn't work for them at all! They wouldn't use
the flimsy little ramps that looked so cute and fun in the store. So that
really left them with nowhere to go. They lived in it for about a week
before I finally succumbed and assembled them a C & C cage. Gosh why didn't
I do that a long time ago??? It really IS easy and it is their best home
yet. Much easier to clean than the set up they had originally (playpen over
bedding). Now they just need a bigger one!And I would like to figure out a
ramp style that they would enjoy! At least PetSmart is excellent about
taking back stuff that is not up to satisfaction. I cleaned the $200.00 cage
really thoroughly and they took it right back. .

What else have Snick and Snow been doing? They ate a lot of dandelions this
summer, they wrote to Oxbow Co. about how much they love their Cavy Cuisine,
and they played a memorial tribute concert for Beethoven. In fact, since
Beethoven died the same weekend as Rick James, they took liberties with
"SuperFreak" and composed these verses for Beethoven:
He's a very wheeky pig, the kind you never find in petstores

And he'll never let your spirits down

When you get him off the hay.

He likes the slaves who bring treats, he says that I'm his all-time favorite

When I make my move to his cage, it's the right time.

He's never hard to please.

That pig is pretty wild now (he's a super wheek)

The kind of pig you read about (in piggie magazines)

That pig is pretty precious (He's a super squeak)

I really love to feed him (every time we meet)

He's all right! He's alright! He's alright Yeah yeah yeah!

Everybody sing Wheek wheek wheek wheek!

He's a very special pig, from his nose down to his grease spot

Yeah he'll stand up for me when I bring him a little carrot treat

He's a super-wheek, he's a super wheek, he's a super wheek

He's a very wheeky pig, the kind you never find in petstores

And he'll never let your spirits down

When you get him off the hay.

I would write more but just wanted to send out some greetings and piggie
prayers. Anyway, it's getting to be salad time. Happy trails,

Carla, Snickers and Snowball