[Gpdd] health--oxbow--no message attached

Debbie Ganley debg43 at ij.net
Fri Aug 20 21:51:26 EDT 2004

Go on www.theferretstore.com    their shipping is a little cheaper than Oxbow's--they'll give free shipping on orders over a certain amount--I had to order alfalfa hay & Cavy performance in a hurry, when Molly gave birth--Oxbow's shipping is ridiculous--maybe all of us could get together & write to them as a group, telling them we'll go elsewhere if they keep charging an exhorbitant rate for shipping, since we're probably their biggest consumers.   I know if you put your zip code in on the Oxbow site,   they'll give you a local retailer (usually a vet) but for some reason they've cut out my vet, last time I checked.  Dr Hughes, in Palm Harbor, Fl, will sell Oxbow Cavy Cuisine & Timothy Hay at his cost to his customers--just pay the sales tax, no shipping--he just doesn't carry alfalfa feed since it's kind of a specialty item.     It's great stuff--they just don't need to charge such shipping charges to regular customers.  Deb, Potter, Molly & the Quads