[Gpdd] Health: Re: Syringe feeding

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 17:43:13 EDT 2004

Hi Teresa!
I totally agree with you about syringing your
piggies while they are healthy, so they get used
to it. I syringe my Brownie Bear everyday, but that's
because she's had bladder stones in the past and
it's very important for her to drink lots of water.
I syringe her plain 'ole everyday water. But, most
piggies probably would want something a little
more tasty, like possibly a mix of water and apple
juice. I'm not an expert, but I would say that if you
syringed your piggies a couple of times a wheeek,
then that would probably be good. I realize most
people may not have the time to syringe everyday
like I do, but I'm a little Obsessive (I know,
you're surprised, right? ha ha)

Um, besides the apple juice/water mix, I don't
know what else to suggest. Well, I am about a wheeek
behind on my Digest readings so hopefully, some
of the more experienced Slaves have already given
you some suggestions.

I have to say though that my Brownie Bear takes
the syringe like a Champ! I've been syringing her
stuff since she was 1 year old (and she'll be 3
years old this November). Since I mainly give
her water, she doesn't really get too excited about
the syringe, but I can tell that she does like the
Attention. At this point, I know that she knows that
I'm trying to help her stay healthy--I can just see
it in her eyes, ya know. And Brownie Bear is such a
Brat because once she's done, she starts just letting
the water from the syringe drip out of her mouth.
Ha ha! It's quite a sight.

Anyways, I would suggest getting either the 1 cc or
3 cc syringes (with no needle). Brownie Bear prefers
the 1 cc syringes. And here's a website where you
can buy 'em cheap.

Last wheeeek, I ordered 100 (1 cc) syringes and the
total cost was $18.95. The 1 cc syringes are .13
cents each. I can afford that! Oh, and I ordered
them last Friday and I got them on Tuesday...
Very Fast!

Now, here's that website:

http://www.calvetsupply.com/

Well, I better run now. Give Mia, Lexi, and Ava
some Piggie Hugs 'n Kisses from B-Bear and me!!

       Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeps,
           Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)

I have seen so many piggies getting
sick recently and its kind of scaring
me alittle bit. I have never syringe
fed any of my three little girls and
I feel I should do it before something
bad happens. What I need to know is WHAT
should i syringe feed them while they're
healthy to get them used to the syringe
and how often? Also, What type of syringe
should I buy to feed them with?
Thanks everyone!

Healing Wheeks to all the sick piggies from,

Mia, Lexi, Ava, and their slave Teresa