[Gpdd] CARE feeding

Bellarobi at aol.com Bellarobi at aol.com
Sat Aug 28 13:53:22 EDT 2004

Hi Nancy,
it sounds like patches is getting enough food. My piggies get food in dishes,
and it is still sometimes hard to tell how much they ate. To preserve the
vitamins and minerals in the guinea pig food, it is a good idea to keep it in the
fridge. Of course there is always some waste of food. I clean the cage every
third day and dump out all the food, because I think that it probably has lost
some of the nutrients by being out that long.  But that's just me. My piggies
also get a waterbottle with vitamin drops every third day. They just love the
taste of it. Timothy hay is important to have in the cage at all times. Not
only do they eat it but like to lay on it as well. Like you, I also give mine a
dish of the mixed food, for that they have to work though hehe, climbing up
and down the ramp. Don't forget to give Patches veggies or greens twice a day.
A handful is a good portion for greens, and four or five babycarrots makes a
veggie meal.
best wishes,
Marion, Poly and Sweetie