[Gpdd] Sick Piggie help

Jarryd D Lunger JarrydD at comcast.net
Sat Aug 28 14:46:34 EDT 2004

    Dear members of GPDD

    I have recently gotten a 3 yr old guinea pig who was abused and neglected. On Monday of this week I noticed she was whining when she would pee. I thought oh no a bladder stone or infection. So Today I got her into the vet. He did a urine test and there is a high % of blood in the urine. He had to go get a guinea pig book out because he never heard of bladder stones in guinea pigs before. He gave me this medicine called well I am not sure it doesn't say directly on it but I think its called SMZ/TMP its cloudy kinda pinkish oranges color and a little thick. I have heard people say they have used Batril on guinea pigs or a herb called Shilitong or something. I don't know I am very confused and I don't wanna say I am better and know more than the vet but I feel like she isn't getting the correct medications for what he said should clear her up. ANY suggestions would be WONDERFUL my e-mail is JarryD at comcast.net I would appriciate and websites information, anything you can think of to help!