[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Need a vet in Southern California

Cindy cindy.fajardo at verizon.net
Sun Aug 29 18:20:56 EDT 2004

Hello All!

I am fairly new to the gpdd but am enjoying it immensely!  I thought I
was the only crazy one out there in guinea pig land. :-)  Last November
we got 3 guinea pigs- Carmel Cotton Candy, Snickers & Crunch- one for
each daughter- ha ha ha, they are MY babies- and when we got them we
were told that they thought one might be pregnant.  We thought, yeah,
right.  Well…… in February Carmel Cotton candy had 5 babies!!!  Four
boys that we found homes for and we kept the one girl, Blackie.  I had a
situation with the mother after the babies were born where she lost
patches of hair and formed huge scabs which she would chew at and make
bleed.  To make a long story short, she is fine now but there are no
vets in my area that have a clue about guinea pigs.  I have had lots of
animals and am a High School Computer Teacher, so I found everything I
possibly could to help her.  I live in the high desert about an hour
North of San Bernardino and 1 1/2 to 2 hours from LA.  Does anyone know
of some good vets?  I don’t have an immediate need but would like to
know that there is someone more knowledgeable.  I was also wondering how
to determine their age.  I have no idea how old they are except of
course the baby who was born on my anniversary :-).  Thanks for all the
great info!

Cindy Fajardo and the gp crew:
Carmel Cotton Candy, Snickers, Crunch & Blackie

---