[Gpdd] [Health] Bladder Infection

New Dominant II me at buddies.org
Thu Dec 2 21:04:19 EST 2004

UTIs can go days, even weeks, before any improvement is noticed.  I know it
can be disheartening, but stay strong for the little one.  One thing I
always give while they have a UTI is cranberry juice (I get the concentrate
that is pure juice ... harder to find and more expensive, but usually found
at health food stores).  Also, if she's not drinking much, I'd try to
syringe water mixed with a bit of vit C to keep her hydrated.  I might even
do it if she is, since the water might help keep/get her system clean.

It may be that she won't really eat until she's visibly better.  Keep an eye
on her ... if she starts hunching in a corner, go back to the vet even if
you haven't finished the round of antibiotics.  She may need to change to a
different medicine.  Mine have always done well with sulfa drugs when
they've had UTIs.