[Gpdd] Announcement: Carrot Wars and ideas for Santa Pigs

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Fri Dec 3 01:43:56 EST 2004

Hi All,
       I wanted to be in bed two hours ago, but what else is new?  :)
       As for what to give as gifts, one place to browse is "eBay.com"
       On the search line type in guinea pig. (Note/singular, not plural!!
You'll get far more listings if you post in the singular form.)
       Also, there is at least one store on eBay that specializes in things
that may be suitable for guinea pigs. I believe the store is called Ferret
Town.  (There is also the Ferret Store on the web that has neat things for small
animals.) Then there's cavymadness.com  -- I'll add more sites as I think of
them. winkingcavy.com  is in the UK  I believe tho I've ordered from them and
been very happy.
       Other members will know of other online shops and individuals who
handle transactions online. ANd of course there are the Pet Stores. So help me out
here folks -- what are some ideas and resources?

       But onto the announcement!!  CARROT WARS by our own  Alyssa of the
Guinea Pig Movie Stars is back in production. This film, along with a couple
others I believe, has been on HBO. Alyssa did this one when she was only 14.
       I have the film and the Jolly Rodents and I all love it. We get out
the carrots treat, pop in the VCR and we're set. It's a Guinea pig spoof on Star
Wars, as most of your know, and has such characters as the villainous (and
asthmatic) "Dark Vapor."
       The company that dubbed copies of the film went out of business a few
months ago and so it's been unavailable since then. She and her family have
now found a new company that does excellent work (my copy was visually perfect)
so all you people who wanted to get a copy, here's the chance.
       It's being offered on eBay and the item # is (just type it in the
search box)  6346409307.  Following is the link to the site that gives the info on
Alyssa and the film.     Alyssa Buecker's Guinea Pig Tales
I think you'll find it extremely interesting whether or not you opt to get
the tape.

Now, I really AM off to bed but I did want to post this tonight.

All best to all of you, People and Piggers --
Alge