[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: condolences

calliope at geeksnet.com calliope at geeksnet.com
Thu Dec 2 20:13:25 EST 2004

Debbie, we were worried about Scruff when you posted about her
constipation, and we had so hoped that she would recover.  Please accept
our condolences on her passing.  Thank you for sharing some of your
memories of her.  She was so lucky that you rescued her mom so that Scruff
didn't grow up in awful circumstances, and she was also lucky when you took
her back after her new family was unable to keep her.

Please know that you did all your best for Scruff.  It's our understanding
that bloat often is not survivable, no matter how good a vet you have or
how hard you try to get your piggie well.  Also, it's perfectly natural to
wonder if a piggie has gotten to the point where he or she is too sick to
cope with continued vet visits, syringe-feedings, etc.  That you're asking
the question shows how much you love your piggies.

Our best wishes to the remaining Dolly Mixtures.  May they have long and
healthy lives.

Sadly,
Cindy, Joey G., Sunshine, and Tumbleweed