[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] Biting, Mating, Noise

Marla Wilson mwilson at gdhcm.com
Fri Dec 3 12:24:41 EST 2004

We have a male pig that is maybe 6 months old and just got a female pig that is 8 weeks old. The male makes this almost pigeon sound when she is around and won't let us near her. Is this normal?

I have noticed that he seems to want to breed - is that possible???

Also he seems to want to bite - not just nibble but BITE! OUCH!!

I hate to ask dumb questions, I just know very little about these little piggies..... Our last one died suddenly from a "squeeze" so I had little time to learn about him.

Thank You for your help!
Marla & Bradeon Wilson (5yrs.old)
Squeaky (passed), Nibbles and Chewy

Marla L. Wilson