[Gpdd] (Health) RE: Piggie Pain

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 22:15:38 EST 2004

I too agree that we need to have a discussion about the hospice care of guinea pigs.  I am really big into euthanasia and dying peacefully surrounded by comfort.  I believe that the person (owner) knows what their pig or any animal for that matter what they want.  I know for one thing, as I have worked in the veterinary hospital, that the pets do NOT want to be alone with strangers.  You can just see it in their eyes, very upsetting.  I can't tell you how many times I had to be a witness to this when the owner was not present because the owner couldnt' stand the pain or the owner just didn't think or care.
We need to discuss ways on how to comfort and bring peace of mind to our dying pigs.

Lisa
(The Secret Santa Pig Coordinator)

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"