[Gpdd] [CARE] Response to Piggie Pain

Godfreys godfreys at uslink.net
Sun Dec 5 22:15:37 EST 2004

Just a quick response to sick piggies and piggies in pain - as many of you probably know - because I bugged you plenty looking for help:)   Our girl Pig-Pig was so sick for over 2 weeks and had made trips to the vet to no avail.  Last Tuesday I asked my husband to take her in one last time and possibly (if the vet couldn't help anymore) put her out of her pain.  I couldn't stand to watch her so sad and sickly anymore.  Well the vet decided she deserved one more chance - Now it's Sunday night and she's still not 100% her old self but shes getting closer!  Eating a little more everyday - checking out the Christmas tree ornaments (trying to redecorate I think - she was too sick when we put the tree up to get her 2 cents worth in)
Anyway - my point is - how do you ever know when the time is to let go when they can't tell you!  I thank God for my vet that saw some little spark still there that we didn't.  She may still relapse-you never know- but at least shes had a little more time.  Not to offend anyone - but theres no way you can possably know whats the right or wrong thing to do - you just have to get as much info as you can and then make a decision.  If animals didn't have the ability to burrow so deep into your heart it wouldn't be so hard!!

Ann and a recuperating Pig-Pig girl