[Gpdd] {MISC.} DSN Information for New Digest Members

Trina Pelham piggiementor at msn.com
Tue Dec 7 20:37:12 EST 2004

Hi Fellow Members,

As the months have gone on, I have noticed that we have had quit a few new
GPDD members that have joined and the subject has come to my attention that
people are wondering what the DSN is and how it is used. I wanted to help
out by telling our new friends about it. The DSN (Digest Safety Net) is
located on the home page of the GPDD. This is the address for those that are
unsure as to where it's located. http://www.gpdd.org/ This is a resource of
members that specialize in certain areas of piggie's needs. As the GPDD is
usually published once a day and sometimes people need help immediatly
rather than trying to find the answer the next day.

The DSN is taken very seriously by the members that take part in it and they
answer the question posed to them as soon as possible. These people can help
you with the following topics:

1. Birth and Pregnancy
2. Emergencies, sudden illnesses/accidents
3. Dietary Problems/changes
4. Surgeries and Vet issues
5. Fighting, Aggressive Behavior and Introductions
6. Appropriate Housing and Bedding
7. Dealing with the Loss of a Loved One
8. Other and Various Questions

Since we have a diverse group of members, so do we for DSN as well. There
are people in the U.S. as well as other parts of the country to serve your
needs. When using the DSN, please put {DSN Help} in the subject line of the
person you are contacting as this will stick out in their emails and they
will go to this first to attend to your needs. If your piggie is BLEEDING,
LABORED BREATHING AND LETHARGIC, WILL NOT EAT/DRINK OR SEEMS TO BE IN PAIN,
DO NOT CONTACT A DSN MEMBER, CONTACT YOUR VET IMMEDIATLY!!!!

A very important disclaimer appears on this page as well. No one on this
list claims to be a vet and this is not a subsitute for proper vetrinary
care. The DSN is for important questions that can't wait for a day or two
response time and as we all know, at times there are a few unfortunate
glitches with the GPDD. I encourage all to go and check out the DSN and so
you can be familiar with it in case you find yourself in a time of need.
Please remember no question is too small and never feel like a question is
"dumb" for lack of a better term because they aren't, the only thing that
would be worse it to not ask. If you have anymore questions regarding the
DSN, you are welcome to address them to me, Trina, by clicking on the DSN
Coordinator. Sorry for the long post but I wanted all to know about the DSN
who didn't. Thankyou for listening and warm wishes for the holiday season to
all.

Trina M. Pelham
DSN Coordinator
Pigpals Coordinator