[Gpdd] Re: God was good to MAX

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 03:59:09 EST 2004

Erin,
I wish to offer my most sincere condolences on the terrible loss of your
little guy MAXIMILLIAN. I'm sure SPIRIT was right there at the other side of the
Rainbow Bridge waiting and occasionally popcorning in anticipation of rubbing
noses with him. I remember well writing of SPIRIT and the trip across the
bridge made then. As I read your tribute to MAX, I saw all that GEORGE was and how
he ate the same things with the same vigor, especially what I his red headed
lettuce. I remember EVERY DAY when I said the prayer where SPIRIT was mentioned
by name, how I asked God the if he had to take our little guy to please let
him go to sleep and when he woke up let it be on the other side of the bridge
and to never let him suffer for a minute. When I read of MAX I knew he answered
my prayer for YOU and for MAX. It was wonderful to know that MAX reached the
age of 6 but I know it could NEVER be old enough to say good bye. It could
NEVER be long enough to give him the love that would amount to but a grain of
sand on an infinite beach of that love. A lifetime could NEVER be long enough.
But sadly MAX was called. I know the sadness but to be sure, knowing he passed
so peacefully I hope eases the pain so many of those here suffer in watching
their three pounds of love suffer until finally they are permitted to make the
trip. So though there will be many tears, in days to come you will look back
and I know, you will thank God for his kindness in allowing MAX to cross to his
side in the way I so prayed for our boy. Once again, I am sorry for your loss.

Sincerely,

Joseph C. Petrillo, George the guinea pigs daddy forever