[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Katie seems scrawny

CJfromVa at aol.com CJfromVa at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 01:02:23 EST 2004

Hello, it's me again. There's something else I'm concerned about, definitely
more important than Ginger's squealing.  Katie eats...well...like a pig.  She
eats pellet food, whatever fresh veggies I give them (she loves romaine
lettuce, and will nibble casually on Fuji apples, carrots, broccoli, and cucumber)
and goes crazy with the Timothy hay but she's so bony.  I'm considering taking
her to the vet before the two week pet store return policy runs out because I
think she might be sick.  She eats a lot but she's so skinny.  I've also
noticed that she sneezes a lot.  Maybe she has an upper resp. infection but that
wouldn't explain emaciation if she's eating well.
Another thing is that they don't seem to be too interested in oranges.  What
are some other vitamin C fruits/veggies that I can try and how often do I
offer these to them?  I'm not sure about Ginger but I have seen Katie nibbling on
broccoli but she doesn't eat a lot of it.
I'd appreciate the input.  --CJ