[Gpdd] [gdpp][miscellaneous]Finger nipping

CJfromVa at aol.com CJfromVa at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 17:47:12 EST 2004

Hello again, I'm back with another question about Katie (again).  As you may
know, we're trying to spend a lot of cuddle time with both Katie and Ginger
and hopefully going about the right way of acclimating them. I gave them some
floor time today and they actually wondered away from me (only to come back when
the dog decided to wake up and give them a few licks--don't worry, I got her
away).  It felt good to know that they consider me as their source of
protection, though.  Anyway, now it seems that Katie has started to get into the habit
of nipping my finger.  I haven't heard a growl so I think she might be
confusing my finger with a tasty tidbit.  The first time she nipped my finger (after
I ate an apple and didn't wash my hands), I kept my hand down in front of her
as she was sniffing at my fingers. The second time, I had picked her up off
the floor to put her in the cage.  Can guinea pigs have mean personalities or
was I doing something wrong? Thanks--CJ