[Gpdd] [Misc] Allergies to Guinea Pigs

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 12:32:06 EST 2004

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents about guinea pig allergies.

A year ago or so, my youngest son all of a sudden developed this cough that wouldn't go away, no matter what medication our family dr put him on.  He constantly had a runny nose also.  We ended up going to a pediatric pulmonologist that tested him for guinea pig, timothy hay allergies and various other things.  The good news was he wasn't allergic to the pigs or anything pig related.
But I was very surprised that the dr was willing to work with me because I was not going to give my pigs that easily if I could help it.
I looked into several things to help my son if he did have allergies so I wouldn't have to make the decision to give up my pigs.

Anyway, Judi did make a lot of good points of what you can do to lessen the allergies.  But as she said, since you are the aunt, you can not possibly make the child's mother go along with that.
Hope all works out and let us know what happens.

Lisa

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"