[Gpdd] Misc: Onion Ring's pic

Guineapigfilms at aol.com Guineapigfilms at aol.com
Sun Dec 12 18:50:56 EST 2004

Because of the holiday season, I have relisted CARROT WARS on eBay (new item
# 6349917487). And now, besides the photo of the two guinea pigs in the flying
spaceship (formerly a lampshade), there is now a pic of my sweet little white
piggy Onion Ring, who so ably played the part of Hokey One Spumoni in the
film. (The picture shows Hokey in his elevator blasting off.) Onion Ring was one
of our very special "rescue pigs." Workers at a local pet shop who knew of our
rescue efforts called and told us that they had been given a little blind
albino piggy. They said they couldn't sell the pig, as they were sure he had no
sight. And, if we didn't adopt him immediately, the owners had designated him
as "snake food." My mom had the same reaction she had one Christmas Eve when we
rescued a little gerbil whose mother had bitten off its legs--she rushed to
the pet shop and adopted Onion Ring. Of course, we immediately took him to a
vet, and were told that one of his eyes was just infected. When we treated the
infection with antibiotic eyedrops, he could suddenly see out of that one eye!
(His other eye was still blind, but he got along fine with just one seeing
eye, just like our gerbil got along fine with just little stubs for legs.)
Anyway, Onion Ring not only made a very fine, cuddly, adorable pet, but he was also
a "natural" before the camera, as I'm sure anyone who has watched CARROT WARS
(HBO spoof of STAR WARS starring guinea pigs) will attest to! He retired in
fine Hollywood fashion, with plenty of "greens"!  :)

Love and WHEEEEEEEEEEEEPS,

Alyssa and the guinea pig movie stars
http://hometown.aol.com/guineapigfilms