[Gpdd] HEALTH: cloudy urine

calliope at geeksnet.com calliope at geeksnet.com
Sun Dec 12 19:44:37 EST 2004

Melissa and Bonnie, I am no expert on cloudy urine, but I'll try to (at
least partially) answer your question.  It's my understanding that whitish
urine could indicate that your piggie is getting too much calcium.  You
might want to feed him fewer high-calcium veggies, such as parsley, for a
while to see if the urine becomes clearer.  You also could try adding a bit
of cranberry juice to his water; try to find the pure juice at a health
food store -- or perhaps he will eat cranberries themselves (though I've
never had luck at getting any of my piggies to eat them).  You'd probably
only want to feed a few cranberries a day.  I think it's the acidic nature
of cranberries or cranberry juice that will help clear up the urine.

Sorry that this is not a more detailed answer.  Others will probably be
able to offer more information.

HTH,
Cindy, Joey G., Sunshine, and Tumbleweed