[Gpdd] Health: Brownie Bear is on Baytril...

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 14:12:42 EST 2004

Hello Slaves!
First of all, I would like to Thank
You all who have emailed me and/or
the Digest wishing my Brownie Bear well.
Wheeeeeeeeee really appreciate the
prayers and concern. I'm sorry I haven't
had a chance to respond to everyone
individually, as I have been so busy.
And I am so behind on my Digest readings
(I am on Digest #355 -- November 17...
HELP!).

But, enough about me. I wanted to send
an update on the Sassy Brownie Bear. I
took her to my local Vet on Saturday
and the Doc put her on Baytril for 8 days.
I didn't let him do x-rays on her, because
honestly, he's a good Vet, but not as
experienced with the Exotics as I would
prefer. And also in the past, I had 2 x-rays
done where the 2 different Vets said that
B-Bear had No stones. But, in fact she did
have stones. So, I only have x-rays done
at Dr. Campbell's and I'm taking B-Bear to
her at the end of this month.

I'm still keeping an eye on her back legs.
I mean, it's weird, cuz I know something
ain't 'right' with them, but she can walk
and even run just fine (especially when
Butterscotch gives her a little push). I've
gotten a lot of ideas from ya'll (fellow
Slaves) and I suspect it could be the
Arthritis acting up. Also, her bladder
sludge has been thick and I am still cleaning
her 'down there' twice a day. In addition,
I started syringing her water (like I used
to) cuz since her coochie is hurting, she
isn't drinking as much water.

Right now, I have 2 C&C cages set up for
free range (the 4x2 and the 3x2), because
I am trying to promote more excercise for
Brownie. (Butterscotch is very Active and
gets enough excercise) Plus, I wanted them both
to have a place to 'get away' from the other
and have some Quality 'Solo Pig' Time, if
needed. Brownie Bear has been a little Cranky
with Butterscotch cuz she doesn't feel as
good as she used to. But, he's so young and
he doesn't really understand. So, when she
snaps at him, you can tell that Butterscotch's
feelings are hurt and for the last couple
of days, he turned their food bowl over cuz
he was tired of being ignored, I suppose.
Silly Boy.

Well, oops! I'm sorry I didn't mean to ramble
on (but I always do, now don't I?).

Again, Thank You for your thoughts and prayers.
And I will keep ya'll updated on her condition.
I know she's okay overall, cuz she is still
just as Sassy as can be!!

      Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
          Leah...Slave to BB & BS :-)