[Gpdd] MISC. - Bud's spa day

ROYCE LARSON COTTON_COWBOYS at msn.com
Wed Dec 15 15:42:36 EST 2004

Hi,

     Today was Bud's third treatment with Relief shampoo and conditioner....the 'leave each on for 10 minutes' stuff'. I call this Bud's spa day because he gets the full treatment. Start to finish it takes me two hours but we both had fun...well, maybe I had more fun than Bud.
     First I give his cage a complete cleaning. You just can't put a perfectly clean guinea pig back in anything but a perfectly clean cage. I know that most of you seem to have C&C cages but I love the cage I have, a Marchioro (inner dimensions are 19 x 38 inches). It fits on its own stand which is nice because it is at a perfect height and rolls easily. Our house is TINY so we like this. Another nice thing about it is that the plastic base fits perfectly in the bathtub for cleaning. I did learn a big lesson from all of you on the C&C cages. I use a 4 x 6 set of the grids connected with tie wraps over a tarp and sheet and Bud is out on that 5 hours a day while Daddy is at work. It takes up the whole living room practically with just a little path around the edge to walk. He has PVC pipes, his pigloo and litter boxes, water, hay, etc., etc., etc.
     Do any of you do this? He's out from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and, from 3 to 4 p.m., I go in the caged area with him and sit on the floor and watch Dr. Phil. I have pillows propped up against the wall to lean on and Bud just loves this time. He runs, rumblestruts around me, we have mock fights (my hand and his body) and, when he finally gets tired, he jumps on my lap and naps while I watch TV. This is my favorite time of the whole day. It is so funny and relaxing and just wonderful!!!!!! Ever try this, anyone else?
     After the cage was cleaned, Bud got his full treatment with heated towels and lots of pampering. I wish I could have the full treatment one day! His itching is about the same so far but it is very, very dry during the winter and my husband and I are itchy, too. We have a humidifier but that only does so much.
     I am in awe of all of you with multiple guinea pigs! I'd never get another bit of work done if I had several. No wonder you call yourselves slaves!!!!!!! :)

     Have a nice day.

Carla and wheeky clean Bud