[Gpdd] [HEALTH] closed eye on baby pig

labbatesms at comcast.net labbatesms at comcast.net
Thu Dec 16 18:36:05 EST 2004

Hi Sebastian!  I just had the first experience with my Percy having something in her eye recently.  Rec'd a lot of good advice from everyone on the Digest.  I think she had a piece of hay in her eye.  I found it stuck to the outside of her eye the next morning.  Her eye also got cloudy.  Is your piggy's eye cloudy?  I took Percy to the vet right away.  He put some drops in her eye.  By the next day, Percy's eye was already starting to be less swollen and cloudy.  I was never able to get the drops into Percy's eye -- she's much too wiggly.

The eye being closed is probably from someting in the eye -- but a visit to vet is a good idea.  Keep us posted.

Steph
Patches, Percy and Scamp