[Gpdd] Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Pattycake had her babies.

Robert redmountainfarm at juno.com
Sat Dec 18 12:35:13 EST 2004

Pattycake had her babies two days ago.  One all black, and two black and white.  I hope they are Peruvians like their mother.  The father is a himi.  Thye are so precious.  I read to give one cup of veges a day per pig.  I usually make a nice salad of various chopped vegetables in the morning and give each pig one cup, so I am giving the new mother two cups.  I hope this is enough vegetables for a nursing mother.  She also gets pellets, hay and hay cubes to keep her teeth ground down.  This morning they got cilantro, arugula, escarole and carrots.  Yum, yum, they just loved it.  I also give my pregnant females two cups of vegetables per day.  The others I give one cup of veges per day.  (I am not a breeder, they came to me pregnant. My males are separate from my females.)  I have two more pregnant females.

Any suggestions would be appreciated on pregnancy care.  I am 51 and have had pigs on and off since I was 16, but every day I learn something new from somebody about piggy care.

Thanks, Margaret