[Gpdd] Rescue: Indiana

Mary Fran McCluskey faststats at faststatschecks.com
Wed Dec 22 12:30:11 EST 2004

Dear Mr. McKaig,
I would like to recommend that those responsible for the treatment of that piggie be put on probation and sentenced to working in the local animal shelter for at least the remainder of this school year, especially in charge of any guinea pigs, if possible.
These students need to develop a sensitivity to animals' and human's feelings and needs, lest they grow up into unfeeling members of the community. We have enough of those already.
I'd also like to suggest that they write a paper at the end of their term of work at the shelter saying what the experience has meant to them. Perhaps the local newspaper could get involved at that time, giving the boys a chance to publicly apologize, share their greater understanding of the crime they've committed, and put an end to any feelings of shame that might dog their days in the future. And it would lend closure to this event for the community at large.
This may be as important as any class they might take at your school, and get them back on the road to maturity.
Thank you and Happy Holidays,

Mary Fran McCluskey
Fast Stats Checks & Forms
maryfran at faststatschecks.com