[Gpdd] {Announcement} Poor Parachute Piggie

Trina Pelham piggiementor at msn.com
Wed Dec 22 22:35:53 EST 2004

Hi Friends,
Carrie, I was wondering if you could ask the shelter during this time that
they are going to take prosecute this idiot, if you could foster care for
this piggie. I don't know what their laws and protocol is, but I thought of
the whole terrible ordeal this poor piggie has been through and she would do
good in her healing process if she could be in a quiet loving home. Also,
the stress factor on this pet has to be high and that's not good for piggies
as we all know, but this way piggie could rest and get the proper nutrition
that she needs because I don't know of too many shelters that give the
proper foods, bedding or know the signs of illnesses. This is just an idea I
wanted to toss out as I read the Digest tonight.

I also have been approached by another digest friend regarding writing a
letter to the Dean of Students to implore that he impose the maximum
sentence possible on this student. I am on top of this, right up my alley
and I ask that you all do the same too. Be polite and no potty language but
this type of animal abuse must stop. Since we have the shelter here, I am
going to include some statistics to this man as he needs to know that just
because Guinea Pigs are of the rodent family, these are peoples pets and we
love our piggies. Just look at the digest and you can see alot of love in
this family alone and I personally don't care for snakes and spiders and
people have those for pets. I wouldn't go and abuse these animals just
because I don't care for them.

The other sad thing is that most states have laws geared towards prosecuting
people that abuse dogs and cats only. When the people that abuse piggies go
to court, they basically get a slap on the hand. I have never heard of
anyone doing jail time and severe fines for abusing the pets. Until last
year, the state of Maine didn't have any regulations regarding the sale,
adoption or care for piggies and I helped my dear friend that I had met by
being her piggie Mentor through Pigpals, with the composition of a bill
proposing the proper treatment of "Pocket Pets" and it was passed. The bill
is 54 pages and is called, LD 1228.

Ok, I will get off my stand now, sorry but I am so involved in the care and
love of piggies, it makes me sick when I read articles like this one and the
sad part is this kid probably thinks this is funny and probably won a bet if
any that he'd do it. Really scarry that this is our future Doctors, Lawyers
and Vets. Makes me wonder what our world is going to come to with people
like this in our society.

Best Wishes,
Trina M. Pelham with Ravi and Spike
Pigpals Coordinator
DSN Coordinator
Cavy Care Inc. Operations Manager and Resident Mentor
www.cavycareinc.com
Always feel free to contact me regarding anything!

Guinea Pigs are Number One...
AIM- piggiementor
ICQ- 179813102
MSN messenger