[Gpdd] Misc: Guinea pig parachute

Jackie Bickers jackie3492 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 23 01:42:44 EST 2004

Hi all-
To further prove that I'm not a vigilante (and hopefully to encourage
others), here is what I wrote to Dean McCaig at IU regarding the guinea pig
incident:

"I had the unfortunate experience of reading about your school and the
guinea pig incident in the headlines of several major news providers. I live
in Illinois, but I have had several friends who attended IU. It's a good
school. Please do not send the message that your university condones
violence against animals by going light on punishment for the guilty person.
I own six guinea pigs, and they have all the personality and needs of any
other companion animal, such as cats and dogs. All animals deserve care and
respect, even "rodents". It has been my experience that people who have
little repect for the lives of animals usually also have little respect for
humanity. Please keep this in mind when it comes to you to administer the
university's punishment to the guilty student."

I still encourage everyone to write to this dean, and give this guinea pig a
voice. They named her Noel for Christmas.
Sincerely,
Jackie Bickers