[Gpdd] MISC: Letter from the Dean

Jackie Bickers jackie3492 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 23 15:20:49 EST 2004

Hi all-
This is the note I received from the Dean at IU regarding the guinea pig
incident. It sounds a bit like a form letter, but at least someone is
attempting to address the issue...anyway, sounds like we will have to wait
until there's a news leak about what happened to the student.

-Thank you for you note.  The IU Code of Student Rights, Responsibility,
and Conduct does provide for disciplinary action in cases such as the
incident you mentioned.  Federal law also prohibits universities from
releasing specific disciplinary information related to a named student.
Our police have identified those responsible and appropriate action will
be taken.

Richard McKaig
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Indiana University-

Keep Writing!
Jackie (and the six guinea pigs who are still feeling the need to bite that
guy)