[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Sweetie Pigg

Tex texg at cavyinfo.com
Thu Dec 23 14:45:51 EST 2004

All, I apologize in advance in putting a damper on your Christmas cheer.
Please read this at a later time if you like, as I am in deep sorrow and
can't maintain an upbeat manner.

Sometime during last night, our precious Sweetie Pigg left us for the
Rainbow Bridge. There was no suffering; I found her peacefully in her
little house thins morning at 6:45, her dear eyes were closed and she was
relaxed. Were it not for her body being cold, I would have thought she was
asleep. She had been doing so well these past few months this comes as a
total shock.

I will post a suitable tribute when I am able to think a little clearer.
She was so very special to us; due to all her problems she needed daily
nursing care, which I gladly gave.  I find myself lost without our daily
routine, and each "first" (the first time I won't give her a treat today,
the first time I won't take her out for her towel change, which always
meant a shower of piggie kisses ...) hurts more than the last.

Although she only had three legs, she got around fine and had been a very
happy piggie for many months since we found our new vet. We think she was 5
- 1/2, although she may have been older, as she came to us as an adult. No
matter how old she was, I feel she left us too soon.

Because of her health problems, she accompanied us on vacation. Three times
she came to Maine with us, twice she stayed with her Aunt Louise who cared
for her while we "escaped" to the woods. She loved to travel, but she loved
her food even more. Because of her problems with sludge and stones, she got
very little pelleted food. Every day at four would be a towel change and
time for "Wiggle Treat" - what we called teh daily pellet ration. It got
named that because Sweetie Pigg got so excited at the though of getting her
pellets, she would wiggle and shake like a little dog. I am so happy I gave
her a small handful of pellets last night at bedtime...

There was never a moment that I didn't tell her I loved her; she passed
quietly in her sleep and she had as happy a life as we could provide for
her. But that does not make the pain any less. We will cry as we pass each
of the "firsts" as the days and weeks pass.

The light has gone out of my Christmas; I just need to get through it at
this point (I'm cooking dinner for the family). Here we are two days before
Christmas, the house is a mess, the tree is in the stand with no lights or
decorations and all I feel like doing is disappearing.

For everyone else, hold those dear to you (piggies *and* people!) closer
than ever this Christmas. Don't pass up an opportunity to say "I love you"
or "I care". Hold Christmas and happiness as the fragile magic they are.
Enjoy the "what is", for it is so very special: it only takes a whisper in
time for something dear to become "what was", and all that is left is
memories.

Peace to you all,

Tex, Donna & Family