[Gpdd] {MISC} Letter to the Dean over the piggie issue...

Trina Pelham piggiementor at msn.com
Thu Dec 23 21:02:12 EST 2004

Hi All,
I too wrote my letter to the Dean of Students, Mr. Kaig, regarding the issue
of the poor piggie tossed out the window. I was polite but it was really
hard for me to bite my words that I really wanted to tell him and then have
the student read as well. This is the reply I received, I'm sure it was
automated:
Thank you for you note.  The IU Code of Student Rights, Responsibility,
and Conduct does provide for disciplinary action in cases such as the
incident you mentioned.  Federal law also prohibits universities from
releasing specific disciplinary information related to a named student.
Our police have identified those responsible and appropriate action will
be taken.

I have also requested that he write to me with an update as to what direct
actions will be taken as I informed him that the Guinea Pig community as a
whole is appalled over this situation. For some reason, I doubt that he will
put I too want to put the pressure on and make the student very accountable
for his actions in life. That's all for now. Hugs to all of you.

Warmly,
Trina and the piggies (Spike and Ravi)

Richard McKaig
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs