[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Itchy piggie (Jessica Archer)

Jessica Archer Jessica_Ann82 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 27 16:56:04 EST 2004

Hello all!

I'm pretty new to the GPDD.  I just got a cavy a week and a half ago, and have been reading the emails for about a week now.  I look forward to them everyday!  I have a question for you all.  My piggie has been scratching himself a lot lately.  It seems to be getting more frequent.  He uses his back foot to scratch his side, sometimes he scratches near his ear, and I also saw him scratch near his eye.  I found some info online about mites and lice.  I was wondering if any of you have had trouble with this, and if so how did you know what it was?  Is it possible for a piggy to just have dry itchy skin like I do?  I don't see anything on his hair or skin.  Thanks!

Jessica, slave to Twitchy Baby